The last frontier is waiting for you!
For my father-in-law’s 60th birthday a few years ago, he wanted to go on an Alaskan cruise with his six children and their spouses. One sister-in-law and her husband couldn’t make it, but the rest of us had an amazing time. It was my first time experiencing Alaska, and it didn’t disappoint! We saw glaciers and wildlife, ate incredible food, and had unforgettable experiences. One of my favorite experiences was a horseback-riding excursion through the Alaskan wilderness. I loved visiting and shopping in the Alaskan towns, viewing immense glaciers up close, watching for black bears, eagles, and whales from the ship balcony, and spending time on a beautiful ship with family members.
Do you have dreams of going to Alaska? If you make those dreams come true and jump aboard one of Alaska's most popular cruise lines, you won't regret it. Here are five top reasons you should cruise to The Last Frontier:
1. You decide which cruise line to take. Sailing in Alaska extends from the middle of May to mid-September. During these months, there is no shortage of cruise line options. Choose to go on a luxury or expedition-style cruise or maybe something a little more unique.
2. People of all ages love Alaska; it tends high up on many bucket lists. Many families come here each year to enjoy the beauty of the great state and the broad scope of activities and events.
3. The wildlife is absolutely out of this world. When traveling to Alaska by cruise ship, don't be surprised to spot bear hunting for fish, whales, eagles, and several other beautiful creatures.
4. Dare to go dog sledding? You may have to take a helicopter ride to get to your location. This could be one thrilling adventure. Best of all, you get to hang with sweet huskies all day.
5. Go on a land tour before or after your cruise. Hike through the Denali National Park or the Kenai River Valley. Ask me for more details!
Alaska truly is one of the most magical places on Earth, and it's right here in the United States. If you, like almost everyone else, have "visit Alaska" on your bucket list, what are you waiting for? There's no better way to visit the state than by ship. Let me know when you’re ready to book your next cruise to this incredible state.