Before the coronavirus pandemic, Jill and Ed returned from a fantastic 7-day trip south of Cancun in the Riviera Maya, where they stayed at the beautiful Secrets Maroma Beach. I asked Jill about their experience, and her takeaways for anyone thinking about visiting.
Q: Where did you want to go? What kind of experience did you want to have?
Jill: Ed and I wanted to go to an all-inclusive adults only resort. We wanted a beautiful resort which had golfing near by. The (Secrets Maroma Beach) resort was affiliated with 3 golf courses which gave you free greens fees.
Q: What was something you loved about the hotel or room?
Jill: They pamper you at this resort, and the service throughout the day was excellent! The room was beautiful as well as the view. A huge hot tub as well as a shower. Each building had its own concierge.
Q: What was the process for making reservations at the restaurants?
Jill: No reservations were necessary for any of the restaurants except the Asian, where they cook in front of you.
Q: What was one other experience or highlight you'd like to share from your trip?
Jill: Golfing was fabulous! Also, the restaurants were all outstanding at the resort, as well as great food served in your room.
We took an excursion to Tulum; the transportation and service to and from the hotel was perfect.
Q: What advice would you give someone who is visiting the Secrets Maroma Beach?
Jill: This resort goes out of their way to make your trip as easy and relaxing as possible. We will definitely go back one day!
I loved hearing about Jill’s experience. Here are a few more details about Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun:
· It's an adults-only (18+) luxury haven, located only 20 miles south of the airport
· There are 9 gourmet restaurants at this resort (6 a la carte, 1 buffet, 1 café, and 1 grill)
· The resort offers 24-hour room service and free WiFi throughout the resort
· Non-motorized watersports here include kayaking, windsurfing, snorkeling, and sailing
· The Secrets Spa by Pevonia is incredible: an atmosphere of pure indulgence, combining hydrotherapy and a wide variety of treatments
· They offer a free complimentary round of golf per person per day
· With the Secrets Wedding in Paradise Package, you receive a free symbolic wedding
· Honeymooners receive a complimentary Secrets Eternity Honeymoon Package with a 7-night stay in a minimum required room category
· They have a Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience with participating Secrets, Breathless, Dreams, and Sunscape Resorts
As you can tell, Secrets Maroma Beach is truly an incredible property!